UWT-100 compatibility with Digitrax systems
The UWT-100 Universal WiFi Throttle can be connected to Digitrax DCC systems in a variety of ways. Several options are listed below.
Connecting to Digitrax systems
The LocoNet Wireless Interface (or LNWI) allows users to connect compatible WiFi devices to LocoNet and run trains using the UWT-100 or other devices.
- Wi-Fi interface to a Digitrax LocoNet for up to four connections per LNWI.
- Easy Setup and Configuration - A single LNWI works ‘out of the box’, with no additional configuration required.
- Provides up to 32 LocoNet Throttle functionality per LNWI, with compatible apps and Command Station.
- Up to 8 LNWI can be supported per LocoNet
- Multiple LNWI units automatically resolve SSID with no additional configuration
- Optional Wi-Fi WPA2 security for layout operations in public.
- Option switches to fully customize all device settings
- LocoNet Compatible
The Digitrax PR4 is a USB to LocoNet Interface with Decoder Programmer. This can be used to establish a connection between your Digitrax system LocoNet and a computer running JMRI.
From Digitrax: "The PR4 makes decoder programming and interfacing your layout and computer easier than ever. The PR4 seamlessly switches between computer interface and decoder programming modes automatically without having to press any buttons. The PR4 is electrically isolated between USB and LocoNet for added stability and protection. Packaged in a smaller footprint the PR4 offers all the same great features as the PR3 it replaces."
The Digitrax PR4 is a USB to LocoNet Interface with Decoder Programmer. Though the PR3 and PR3XTRA devices have been replaced by the PR4 interface from Digitrax, they can still be used to establish a connection between your Digitrax system LocoNet and a computer running JMRI, and are compatible with the UWT-100 for WiFi control.
From Digitrax: "The PR3 lets SoundFX users download new Project sound files and even reflash the sound decoder's firmware for latest updates. It also acts as a computer interface and LocoNet Translator for your PC. The PR3 is the most economical computer Interface we offer, it has all the functionality of a PR2 and a MS100 combined in one. Finally it functions on the more modern USB 2.0 interface making it easier to connect and more friendly to newer PCs."